After about an hours worth of research, I realized that this was a common problem with GoogleMaps no matter which method you used to implement them, wether you were using CMSMS or not. I have been wondering why I haven't heard a report about it till now.
The solutions were pretty simple actually, but I covered the bases two ways.
- I changed the google maps api version requested from 2 to 2.118 (I found this in another forum, and it seemed to solve the problem right off the bat).
Many thanks to pat at matterhorn marketing for finding this, doing the initial research and allowing me to identify the problem quickly.
And many thanks to the_babe for taking part of the tedious tasks of doing the releases off my hands.