New Round of E-Commerce Releases
A new round of exciting features have been added to the E-commerce suite:
This module isn't really part of the E-commerce suite per-se... but it is a core part of all of my modules. This release makes a number of changes to hopefully improve performance, and add more functionality. Unfortunately, this module now requires and uses features of PHP 5.2+ extensively. This means that in order to run the E-commerce suite your CMSMS install will need to be running PHP 5.2+.
Some of the interesting features in this release is the new encrypted_association classes I've written that allow storing associative data in the database in an encrypted format. The Orders module uses this extensively to store data in place of using the session.
Not much has changed in this version, except for a few more functions to allow integration with the Promotions module, and some php5 things. There are also a few minor bug fixes in this release.
Quite a bit of stuff has changed in this module. I've re-arranged the code so that things like taxes and shipping costs (and certain types of discounts) are stored as line items, and removed from the other various tables. This allows functionality like:
- Multiple taxes (for places where there is a state and federal tax for example)
- Discount line items
- In the future, payments...
Also, there's new functionality for promotions. Again, it isn't built in to the orders module, but you can select a promotions module from within the Orders admin panel. Promotions are calculated before taxes and shipping (this is because promotion calculations may effect weight, or may effect the pre-tax order total).
Discounts can now be displayed on the invoice, and confirmation view.
This is the big one. A full featured promotions module is out there, compatible with the above modules. It allows you to do a variety of promotions, and to associate a variety of conditions with each promotion.
- Each promotion has a start and end date.
- Require memebership in an FEU Group
- Require a minimum order total
- Require a valid coupon code to be entered.
- Require purchase of one of a list of specified products
- Require purchase of at least one product in a category
- Require purchase of at least one product in a hierarchy
- Require a minimum order weight
- Discount the order subtotal by a percentage
- Reduce the order total by a fixed amount
- Offer a free product
- Discount the applicable products by a percentage
When multiple promotions match what the user has added to the cart, the promotion with the greatest value is applied.
I think these new modules will greatly enhance the functionality that you can provide your customers.